Seventy Bridge

Seventy Bridge, on the former Uttoxeter Canal, was the 70th bridge from the start of the Caldon Canal in Etruria. The Uttoxeter Canal opened in 1811 but was closed in 1849 to make way for the North Staffordshire Railway. This section survives because the canal goes through the river Churnet above Crumpwood Weir, whereas the railway crossed the river on a different line by bridge.

Backto Canal page

Seventy-Bridge-By-DenHolmesSeventy-Bridge-2-By-DenHolmesSeventy-Bridge-wood-By-DenHolmes
Dennis Holmes 2016 Denholmes.com |Legal Mattters